Saturday, November 21, 2009

Google Suggest

So, many of you have probably noticed by now that when you type a query into the Google homepage it will suggest queries to you to complete your search. While I'm not sure of the exact algorithm...knowing Google it is probably based on what users type. This means that some of them are curiously insightful and some are just flatly terrifying.

I have, for your amusement, collected a sample of sample query beginnings and the suggested query results.

As you might guess, this isn't probably very safe for work.

"Is it wrong"
  • Is it wrong to sleep with your cousin
  • Is it wrong to sleep with your step dad after your mom dies
  • Is it wrong to sleep with your sister
  • Is it wrong to like your cousin
  • Is it wrong to live together before marriage
  • Is it wrong to question God
  • Is it wrong to be bi
  • Is it wrong to cheat
  • Is it wrong to be strong
  • Is it wrong for a Christian to get a tattoo
"Is it true that"
  • Is it true that the world is going to end in 2012
  • Is it true that your heart stops when you sneeze
  • Is it true that Miley Cyrus is pregnant
  • Is it true that the world will end in 2012
  • Is it true that if you die in your dreams you die in real life
  • Is it true that when you sneeze somebody is talking about you
  • Is it true that lady gaga is a man
  • Is it true that robert patterson proposed to kristian stewart
  • Is it true that if you don't use it you lose it
  • Is it true that Rhianna gave Chris Brown herpes
Is there
  • Is there anyway I can get this popular guy to get me pregnant
  • Is there a god
(What the fuck? Did things really just show up in that order?)

How should
  • How should I cut my hair
  • How should I get a haircut
  • How should a condom fit
  • How should a suit fit
  • How should we then live
  • How should I do my hair
  • How should a bra fit
  • How should the intergral in Gauss' law be evaluated
  • How should I cut my hair quiz
(One of these things is not like the others...)

How can I stop my wife
  • From divorcing me
There was actually only one result for that one...

Nice girls
  • Nice girls don't get the corner office
  • Nice girls finish last
  • Nice girls don't have fangs
  • Nice girls don't explode
  • Nice girls don't get rich
  • Nice girls don't date dead men
  • Nice girls swallow lyrics
  • Nice girls don't change the world
  • Nice girls finish fat
  • Nice girls images
Why does
  • Why does my eye twitch
  • Why does my vag smell
  • Why does asparagus make my urine smell funny
  • Why does poop float
  • Why does love always feel like a battlefield
  • Why does ice float
  • Why does my dog eat poop
  • Why does Kim Zolciak wear a wig
  • Why does hair turn gray
  • Why does google have two l's
Thanks for tuning into this week's edition of "the world's got issues."

Edit: turns out there is a whole website for this stuff: http://autocompleteme.com/